If you are reading this article you are either engaged or about to be proposed to!!! Get ready for a very exciting journey ahead. Cover Image by Andre Jackson
What part of being engaged are you looking forward to most #realbridebrigade? I would love to hear from you all.
Image by Wendy Winarno
You get to wake up every morning knowing that you are going to marry your best friend. This is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with adventuring together. You don’t have to go skydiving to adventure together, but then again, why not? Do new activities, go to novel places, even if it’s a coffee shop down the street you’ve been meaning to try. And if you can travel, travel as much and as far as you can together. Newness and spontaneity keep your love alive!
Don't forget but unfortunately you need to pay bills and all that responsibility too. (Sorry to burst the bubble, but I can't help being brutally honest, and down to earth.)
Being engaged, you might feel a bit overwhelmed about what to do next. Here are a few suggestions...
1. Take time together to enjoy your moment. It is very nerve wracking for the partner wishing to propose, it's even more disconcerting for them once they have asked " Will you marry me?" waiting to hear your answer! That "Yes, of course" , moment is exhilirating for you both. So much fun and a cherished moment forever. Pour another glass of champagne, enjoy your engagement bubble and share your thoughts with one another. It is a moment that is unforgettable and one your future children will love to listen to.
2. Share with family first. As much as we all love seeing the picture perfect "engaged" Instagram post, try to keep your exciting news under wraps until you get a moment together to tell your closest family members. They will love you for this. Once they all know, then decide when and where and how, you are going to tell your closest friends.
Then and only after your truest and closest confidante's know, then POST away your perfect Instagram photo. Get ready for a flurry of texts, comments, phonecalls, the next two months will be full of catch-ups, coffees, dinner parties, you will be loving every minute of it, but it can be exhausting.
3. Your engagement ring needs sized and insured.
From the moment you say "yes," chances are you'll be rocking a shiny new addition on your left hand, don't chance any mishaps.
4. Engagement Party Time. You don’t have to make lots of important wedding decisions after you just get engaged, but if you’re thinking you want an engagement party, you need to start planning. It is a great "pre-Wedding" planning trial for you both. Start writing your guest list, then plan your budget for your big event, tons of people will want to celebrate you—a party is a great way to celebrate with everyone, together, and also an excellent excuse to shop for your engagement dress!
5. There is no rush. But start thinking of when and where and dates for your Wedding. Every relationship has emotional ups and downs and planning a wedding together can either bring you only closer at loving each other every day or be a potential roller-coaster! Don't forget that the decisions for your special day together, are yours to own & have the final decision on - together.
You are in a unique stretch of time. .
Between all the wedding coordinating meetings and managing of spreadsheets and R.S.V.P. lists, this is an incredible opportunity to seriously think about the things that you value in your relationships, and where you are going to get to see them grow and develop. And, being currently engaged, you become more aware of those things every time you look at your ring, or every time you get to say the word fiancé, fiancee, partner or make (yet another) ceremony decision.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you'd like to see more articles like this on our website, give us a shout out in the comments below.