The time has come, the wedding is just around the corner! It is the time to celebrate love, passion, and all those happy moments spent together! But, you have been given the privilege to wish the couple a happy life, and you are a bit stuck.
If you have been given the opportunity to deliver a wedding toast, you know that the pressure is on! Thinking about what to say next and making sure that the level of humor will satiate the need of all the guests who would be listening can sometimes be more than you can handle. However, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In addition, we can provide you with some of the most heart-warming and funny toasts that can make up for an excellent addition to your wedding speech, so don’t worry and keep on reading to find them out!
What are some good toasts?
Over the years, people have considered more than often that the best toasts are made by either the maid of honor or the best man. Naturally, it has become a tradition that these people add their flair to the wedding, and even nowadays, they are the most popular choice when it comes to deciding which person should give the wedding toast.
To give you a hint and a head start, the best wedding toasts are the ones that are kept under five minutes – even better, if they are about two minutes. This is the perfect timing to keep the interest of the guests and also give a nice homage to the beautiful bride, handsome groom, and the journey they are about to embark upon together.
How to get the entire room to laugh with you?
It doesn’t matter if you are a person that is fond of speaking or not, if you have a funny moment with the bride and groom in your mind (not an embarrassing one, just a funny one), feel free to share it with the guests, that is bound to make a splash out of the evening and your wedding toast too! Regardless of whether you are the maid of honor or the best man, it is important to keep the happy couple and the guests on the edges of their seats!
If you are one of those people that have a hard time delivering a speech in front of a room full of people, there is always the option to go to the safe side and choose some of the funny toast lines that can be easily found on the internet. Some of them include:
- Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.
- If you are wrong and shut up, you are wise. If you are right and shut up, you are married.
- Love is blind – marriage is the eye-opener.
- Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
- The secret to a good marriage is to be a little deaf.
- If at first, you don’t succeed...try doing it the way your wife told you.
The father of the bride – the most expected person to make a speech
When you are the father of the bride, you are bound to have a special connection, and therefore, should deliver an unforgettable wedding toast. However, if you are uncertain of where to begin, then we have a few pointers that might come in handy! Some of our most memorable and favorite wedding speeches, given by the father of the bride, set the scene in ways similar to what we are about to describe below.
- Come up with a plan – before giving your speech, maybe a week beforehand, make a small list with all the items you like to cover, while still keeping it brief. Include the usual thanks to everyone who showed up, add an anecdote, and find something that will keep things fresh. Set a theme and stick to it, it will help you prepare a nice wedding toast.
- Get creative – for those fathers that know speaking is not one of their strong suits, there are always pretty nice options to choose from! You can go as far as singing a little song or reciting a poem that would express your love and gratitude for your daughter. It will be considered the heartfelt moment of the night!
- Give your thanks – there is one thing that has always been appreciated and will always be a very heart-warming moment, and that is the magnificent way of saying thanks to the partner of your daughter – thank you for keeping her, loving her, making her feel like she is the only person in the world, and showing your gratitude for everything they have done for her. It is those kinds of moments that bring tears to people’s eyes at weddings.
- Start entertaining – it is very easy to give a regular speech, but if you want to keep it fresh and keep all of the guests engaged and entertained at the same time, why not spruce things up a bit and try to entertain them? There is always a funny story about the bride (or the groom) that can be shared with the guests (in this case, the audience), and we are certain you can get some laughs out of it. Try it, why not?
When the pressure of creating the perfect wedding toast is on, you might find your chain of thought to be blocked. But we can assure you that with these tips, your speech will be as smooth and funny as it can be. The most important thing to focus on is the celebration of love that is happening all around you, and you can easily get inspired from there. And if you happen to lose your trail of thought, then everything we have provided you just above should suffice and save you from creating silence. Good luck and don’t worry!
If you are interested in more information on the topic of weddings, head over to our blog here https://samanthawynne.com.au/blogs/samantha-wynne/choosing-your-tribe and find out everything you want! Interesting topics are waiting at the tips of your fingers!